I'm a donut fiend. My favorites are the twisty glazed ones (or they can be covered in sugar). I've also learned to love Dunkin' Donuts Chocolate Cake donut with chocolate sprinkles. I. Love. Donuts!
Problem is, they're not the best thing for you to eat, and if I really want to succeed in my Challenge, I need to follow strict eating procedures. Doesn't sound too fun, does it?
Well, one of my fellow KBSkinnyJeans members shared a recipe for chocolate protein donuts, and since I don't have a donut pan, I decided to use my mini muffin pan to make donut "holes." I also decided to make them Mexican Hot Chocolate in honor of my trip to VooDoo donuts last year in Denver. Spicy, sweet, and the perfect clean treat for my mid-morning meal.
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 Scoops Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder (More or less to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 large, Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Stevia In the Raw
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients (First 8) into a bowl. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and stir until completely moistened.
- Divide batter into muffin cups and bake
These aren't too sweet, and pack quite the punch of nutrition! Not bad for a bitty donut!