Hello, all! Hope you had a great, healthy weekend!
I tried to eat well this weekend, but I was sick for part of it. I spent yesterday not eating a lot of anything. Maybe I'll get lucky on the scale on Wednesday. *hopes*
Today, I'll be doing some meal prep for my work week. It's just so amazing how much easier it is to eat clean when you've got stuff ready to grab.
Bless my dad, he picked up some ground turkey for me at Aldi this morning, so I can make my mini meat loaves. I don't have all the ingredients to make the Italian Meatballs I made a few weeks back. Since I'm missing an important ingredient for the Italian, today, I'm thinking I'll try to take a Mexican spin on it, and add tomatoes and peppers to the mix, along with some spices. I'll be sure to share the recipe if it turns out well.
The rest of my week will probably stay pretty similar, because if it ain't broke, am I right?
Here goes the daily menu for the week.
- Breakfast-2 Veggie Egg White Cups, 1/2 cup Oatmeal with 2T PB2, and coffee
- 2nd Breakfast-2 Protein Bars, 1 Apple
- Elevensies-2 Mini Meatloaves, Rice or Quinoa, Veggie (probably tomatoes or green beans)
- Snack-Carrot sticks and bean dip (Recipe to come. Maybe?)
- Pre-workout Snack-Probably a Peanut Butter Crunch bar
- Dinner-Whatever my family is eating
- Evening Snack-If I'm hungry, probably Chocolate Casein in Plain Greek Yogurt
I don't usually have a snack after dinner, but if I AM going to snack, it might as well be on something healthy that will fuel my muscles as I sleep, which is what Casein does. It's a slow-digesting form of protein, which makes it great for late night snacking. I've even put it in Banana Soft Serve before! (Banana Soft Serve is made with frozen bananas, whipped in the food processor with peanut butter, and any other toppings you like).
This week, I'm going to TRY to finish phase 1 of LiveFit, but I was sick this weekend, so I'm falling way behind. I do plan on doubling up this afternoon, which means starting week 4 tomorrow. Hopefully this week picks up. And that I feel better.